My research has been published in finance (the Review of Financial Studies) and management journals (Entrepreneurship: Theory and Practice, and Global Strategy Journal).
Since 2019, I co-organize the Barcelona Accounting Seminars and Workshops.
Before my academic career, I was a portfolio manager at Itau Bank, working on interest and liquidity risk management through debt issuance, asset securitization, and derivatives trading.
🔎 Research Interests
- Corporate Reporting and Market Transparency
- Wealthy Business Families
- Inheritance and Corporate Tax
- Sept 2023: Accepted to present “Political Business Families” at the 12th International Conference of the Iberoamerican Academy of Management in Dec. 2023.
- July 2023: Invited to Paris Dauphine - PSL to give a Research Seminar and PhD workshop in March 2024.
- May 2023: Paper accepted in The Review of Financial Studies.
- May 2023: Selected to present at the Finance Symposium (Greece), my recent work on tax havens and offshore finance.
📎 Working Paper
- Understanding the Effect of the Financial Reporting Environment on Internal Financing: Evidence from Cash Policy (with Francisco Urzúa). R&R.
- Political Business Families (with Patricio Duran and Michael Carney). R&R.
- NEW WP! Private Firms and Offshore Finance (with Juan Imbet).
🛠️ Work in Progress
- Tax Avoidance and Optimal Contracts (with Juan Imbet and Vincent Tena).
- Financial Reporting and CEOs market (with Francisco Urzúa and Paolo Volpin).